Friday, February 29, 2008

Rollerskating Rules!









Last night we went to "Rollerskating Night" for Broc's school at a local roller rink. Can we say crazy-fun!! It took me back to the early 80's, my parents unfinished basement and my sisters and I roller skating around to loud and very dramatic music. Oh, those were the days! I once was quite the skater. Unfortunately those days are LONG gone and let's just say that I'm no longer the skating extraordinaire that I once was! We had a great and tiring time with the kids. Broc started out as a disaster on wheels but a few times around the rink, with John's help, and he managed to stay off the ground. Poor Guy! McCall and I got about 1/4 of the way around the rink, all while slipping and almost falling, and the minute we passed the opening to exit the rink she started to freak out! She kept screaming "I want to go back, I want to go back!" I think she panicked because she thought that once we passed the exit we couldn't go back. Little did she realize that all we had to do was turn around and simply go back. Once we sat down she turned to me and in tears said "My skates are broken, they are broken!" She thought they were broken because she was having so much trouble staying balanced. In the end John just skated around with her in his arms and Broc and I took a few more laps together.







To finish up the night, and after retuning our skates, they let the kids dance for a bit. Broc and McCall rocked out! Broc loves to dance! He danced his heart out and thoroughly enjoyed himself - boy does that kid have moves! Were not sure where he gets them from but Zac from "High School Musical" has got nothin on this kid! What a great night and fun time we had!

No comments: