Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring Break 2008

A few weeks back for John's Spring Break we decided to take advantage of his time off and take a road trip to visit a few LDS Church historical spots. My parents flew to South Bend on Wed, March 12th and they along with our Nephew Nathaniel and us headed to Nauvoo, IL. We had never been to Nauvoo so we were really excited to go. Our trip was fabulous! We were able to attend the temple, tour the sites and learn so much about the saints and the area. The kids were great and for the most part really enjoyed all of the demonstrations. Their favorite part however, was spending time in the hotel pool! It was so nice to spend time with Papa, Nana and Nathaniel and to share this experience with them. What a magnificent place! It left me feeling so thankful and grateful for the saints and their sacrifice in our behalf. I'm amazed at their dedication and determination to see the Gospel of Jesus Christ rise forth. I have wondered many time in the past week, since we got home, if I would have been as dedicated and obedient. I hope that I would have. One Sunday, on our way home, we went to Carthage, IL. This was a perfect way to end our little trip. It was a very moving and spiritual experience to sit in the room where the Prophet Joseph Smith and his brother Hyrum paid the ultimate sacrifice for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I don't think words can express enough the gratitude that I have for the Prophet Joseph Smith! How grateful I am for his sacrifice so that I could have the Gospel in my life and the life of my family. My testimony was strengthened and I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true!

No comments: