Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'll trade you two babies for one puppy......


Last night when John and the kids returned home from scouts McCall announced that she had decided that she would like to trade her baby brothers for a puppy. Her proposal, one that was well thought out I might add, was that we could give the babies to Carly's Mom and Dad, the Henries from our ward, and that she could get a puppy in exchange. She was matter of fact and completely serious and had already discussed it with John in the car on the way home. John and I both asked her a few times and then told her a few more that she would be sad if we gave the babies away. Her response: "No, I'll be fine, I WANT a puppy!" So I called my friend Shellie Henrie and informed her that on Tuesday she would be getting two babies and that I would need a puppy in exchange. It seems like a fair trade, doesn't it?

9 comments:

The Larsen's said...

that is TOO cute! Glad to hear things are going well...We are excited for you!

Meghan said...

HOLY COW!! You're in PA and TWO BABY BOYS??? Congrats. Great to hear from you!!! I will check back often now. Can't wait to see pics of Luke and Logan (is that what I read? Great name!)

Unknown said...

Definitely a fair trade! That is so funny. A puppy might be a little easier. Well, I'm excited for you! Can't wait to hear the news. By the way, Britt comes home the 27th of Dec. We are pumped!

DeVries Family said...

GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!!! We hope all goes well and that mom and babies will be good! We love you guys! Hurry and post pictures so everyone can see them!!!!!!

DeVries Family said...

OOPS!!! I thought it was TODAY, but just the same...GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!!!!

jamie said...

LOL!! That is the funniest story! She will change her mind when she sees these adorable little babies! Good Luck with everything! Clint and I have been thinking about you alot! Take Care and Merry Christmas!

sbfriend said...

I was hoping to share my birthday yesterday with Luke and Logan, but today is just great! Wishing you all the best today and can't wait to see pictures of the cute new additions!! Great idea McCall had - let's see if she is still willing to trade once she sees those cute boys! Come to church and we will gladly sit behind you and take ANY of the kids you will send back to us!! Miss you guys!

Lisa said...

Update Update Update!!! How is Mom, how are the babies - pictures, pictures!!!

Do you want to hear something funny - all this time I thought you weren't blogging and it was because my computer does not reset the pages of the blogs I read automatically.... I was stuck on an older post.

The Henries said...

Hey, just for the record I was all for the deal. I wonder if McCall made a little something happen for us? I feel honored that she thought I could handle two babies! She is hilarious!